David’s practice areas include Banking and Financial Services, Funds Management, Commercial, Contract, Equity, Corporations, Property, Bankruptcy, Insolvency, and Family Law.
David brings a pragmatic and commercial focus to his practice underpinned by effective client management and attention to detail in the provision of advice and the preparation of cases for the benefit of his client’s.
David has appeared as Junior Counsel with a number of Queen’s Counsel and Senior Counsel.
Prior to practice at the Bar, David held a number of management positions in organizations such Westpac Banking Corporation, ING Bank, The Royal Bank of Scotland Plc, Allco Finance Group, Insurance Australia Group, and the privately owned NM Rothschild & Sons.
- Bank of Western Australia v Ellis J Enterprises Pty Ltd  NSWSC 313
- A W Ellis Engineering Pty Limited and Ors v Malago Pty Limited and Ors  NSWSC 55
- Boutros & Anor v Santa Sabina College Ltd  FMCA
- Mingotti & Papadakis and Anor  FamCA 339
- Moran v Robertson  FCA 371
- Hardman V NSW Trustee & Guardian  NSWSC 500
- In the matter of Seduce Group Australia Pty Ltd - Seduce Group Australia Pty Ltd v Spuds Surf Chatswood Pty Ltd  NSWSC 290
- Director of Public Prosecutions v Matthew Simon Freeman  NSWLC 8
- Citigroup v Azar  NSWSC 95
- Azar v Citigroup Pty Ltd  NSWCA 380
- Page v Good Impressions Offset Printing Pty Limited  NSWSC 1398
- Georges v Tribastoni  NSWDC 36
- Quitlong v ACM Group Limited  FMCA 688
- Robertson & Anor v Moran & Ors  FMCA 496
- Westpac Banking Corporation v Toksoz & Anor  NSWSC
- MDN Mortgages Pty Ltd v Caradonna  NSWSC 1298
- Lawteal Finance v Chrapacz  NSWSC 73
- GKQ Mortgages Pty Ltd v Maureen Pedersen  NSWSC 230
- Workers Compensation Nominal Insurer v Fischer & Anor  FMCA 239
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting/Marketing) University
- Bachelor of Economics - University of Adelaide
- Diploma of Law – Legal Profession Admission Board
- Graduate Diploma Legal Practice College of Law
- Blackfriars Priory School Adelaide – graduated 1989 Dux.
Memberships & Associations:
- NSW Bar Association.
- Edmund Barton Chambers
Telephone 02 9220 6140
Mobile 0407 945 687 – 24 hours